About Our Online Solar Course
The learning materials include: webinars, slide sets, instructional videos, downloadable materials for offline study, exercises, and exam problem sets (more than 140 exam problems) with immediate feedback and grading. The exam problem sets are similar to what you can expect on the NABCEP PV Associate Exam.
Benefits of taking an online solar course:
- The price includes James Dunlop’s Photovoltaic Systems Textbook 3rd Edition.
- Immediately access the course upon registration.
- Work through the learning materials at your own pace.
- Course can be completed with 40 hours of effort, however you will be given 12 months of access.
- Ability to watch videos and review content as many times as you want.
- Participate in Online LIVE instructor support (more details below).
Sample Lecture Video
The course outline follows the format of the Photovoltaic Systems textbook. The course begins by introducing solar terms, uses, and components. As the course moves forward, you will begin to understand more complex concepts such as solar system design, analysis, and installation. By the end of this course, you will have an in-depth understanding of what solar is, how it works, and where it can be implemented.
- Course Introduction
- Math Formulas and Conversions
- Lesson 1: PV Markets and Applications (JTA Domain I: Application)
- Lesson 2: Working Safely with PV Systems (JTA Domain I: Application, JTA Domain IV: Installation)
- Lesson 3: Basics of Electricity and Photovoltaics (JTA Domain III: Design)
- Lesson 4: Solar Energy Fundamentals and the Solar Resource (JTA Domain III: Design)
- Lesson 5: Site Surveys and Preplanning
- Lesson 6: PV System Components and Configurations (JTA Domain III: Design)
- Lesson 7: PV Cells, Modules and Arrays (JTA Domain III: Design, JTA Domain IV: Installation)
- Lesson 8: Batteries (JTA Domain III: Design, JTA Domain IV: Installation)
- Lesson 9: Charge Controllers (JTA Domain III: Design, JTA Domain IV: Installation)
- Lesson 10: Inverters (JTA Domain III: Design, JTA Domain IV: Installation)
- Lesson 11: PV System Sizing Principles (JTA Domain III: Design)
- Lesson 12: PV System Mechanical Design and Integration (JTA Domain III: Design, JTA Domain IV: Installation)
- Lesson 13: PV System Electrical Design and Integration (JTA Domain III: Design, JTA Domain IV: Installation)
- Lesson 14: Commissioning, Performance Analysis, Maintenance and Troubleshooting (JTA Domain IV: Installation, JTA Domain V: Maintenance and Operation)
- Lesson 15: Sales and Economics (JTA Domain II: Sales and Economics)
- PV Associate Exam Prep
This online solar course is designed for individuals or companies interested in beginning or supplementing their career in the solar industry. The following people can benefit from this course:
- Property Owners, Business Owners, and Facility Managers
- Electricians, Engineers, and Architects
- Entrepreneurs, Sales & Marketing professionals
- Contractors, Builders, and Remodelers
- Students (business/engineering degrees) pursuing a renewable energy career
- All other who want to become solar industry professionals
ImagineSolar has trained thousands of individuals who have gone on to be an integral part of the solar industry. Our solar course teaches best practices using the most current technologies and methods for the solar industry. Our online instruction is continuously updated with the latest developments as the solar industry evolves. Many of ImagineSolar’s consultants, instructors, and lecturers have obtained one or more NABCEP certifications.
The special Online LIVE Topic Sessions are an optional support resource for our online solar training program, giving participants a place to interact with instructors, ask questions, work problems, and discuss course material.
Online LIVE Sessions
Online LIVE Sessions will be held on Sundays from 4pm to 5pm CST on the following dates using the application named GoToMeeting.
- December 10, 2017
- January 14, 2018
- January 28, 2018
- February 11, 2018
- February 25, 2018
- March 11, 2018
- March 25, 2018
- April 8, 2018
- April 22, 2018
- May 6, 2018
- May 20, 2018
- June 3, 2018
Our online solar courses use the Moodle learning platform. There are no download requirements to use Moodle. The following are the system requirements to access the ImagineSolar elearning campus and to interact with our online material.
High-speed broadband Internet access is recommended.
Access our online courses from a web browser on your PC/tablet/notepad. Windows and Apple devices are both supported.
Minimum Browser for using Moodle:
- Firefox 4
- Internet Explorer
- Safari 5
- Google Chrome 11
- Opera 9
The operating system is not important.
Browser Settings and Plug-ins:
- Java Runtime Environment 1.4 or higher with the following settings:
- Cookies Enabled
- Pop-Up blocking Disabled
Moodle uses a Flash Player for viewing videos that is compatible with all PC-based and Android devices.
For Apple computers, install “Adobe Player for Mac” or its equivalent to view the video lectures.
For Apple iPads, install Photon Flash Player for iPad or the Puffin Web Browser or the equivalent.
Our Online LIVE Sessions are accessed through GoToMeeting. The first time that you join GoToMeeting from a computer, you will be prompted to run the Citrix Launcher. For mobile devices, you will download a free app from the relevant app store.
Equipment Requirements for ImagineSolar Online LIVE Sessions:
- Internet connection (broadband is best)
- Microphone and speakers (built-in or USB headset)
- Computer or Mobile Device:
- Windows computer
- Mac computer
- iOS device (iPod, iPad, iPhone) with free GoToMeeting App from App Store
- Android device with free GoToMeeting App from Google Play Store
- Windows 8 & Windows RT mobile device with free GoToMeeting App from Windows Store
Most computers have built-in microphones and speakers, but you will get much better audio quality if you use a headset or handset. You can also make calls on your landline or mobile device.
$695.00Add to cart
A Crash Course in Solar Energy
“I got what I wanted – a crash course in the nuts and bolts of solar energy and a good look at the state of the industry in Texas and the rest of the world. I made some good networking contacts as well.”
I’d Recommend These Guys in a Heart Beat
“I was new to the industry, so I enrolled in their introductory courses; what they call their Foundations series (PV for photovoltaic). By the end of the [One Day Lab] class we (the students) were installing modules in an array on a mock up roof, hooking everything up to combiner boxes, cut-offs and inverters, and then we pridefully watched the meter spin backwards. Keep in mind, I didn’t know the difference between a volt, amp, or watt before this class. These guys are professional, down to earth and just flat out knowledgable. What’s more, they are passionate about what they are doing. Even if you’re just interested in learning the basics, like me, I’d recommend these guys in a heart beat.”
“Thorough. Instructor [was] knowledgeable and I understood concepts quickly with watching videos.”
Lots of Info
“Lots of info to help with quizzes, I like the online course it helps me do things at my own pace.”
Can Never Know Enough
"With a [megawatt] already under my belt , this course was still very informative and I learned that you can never know enough about a subject. Thank you very much. I look forward to taking the entry level test and advanced class in the spring.”
An Amazing Experience!
“It was an amazing experience taking this course online. I am very confident to be successful in PV installation and design market. Thanks.”
Foundations a KEY
"Had an excellent follow-up interview last Thursday, and a KEY item that impressed him was the Foundations of
Solar PV System Design & Installation course [from ImagineSolar]. Thanks again!"
I chose ImagineSolar online
“I chose the ImagineSolar online course because of the availability of their solar field lab training. Their labs were spot-on!”