PV320 is an advanced course with instruction on PV system design and problem-solving expertise as well as National Electric Code knowledge needed to successfully pass the NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification exam. Participants work through multiple complex system designs accounting for location, technology, and code conditions. Please see NABCEP for complete requirements to take this exam.
Who is this class for?
Our Advanced PV320 course is designed for those who intend to become professionals in the solar industry.
- Electricians, and those skilled in electrical construction
- Those experienced in PV installation or sales
- General and Home-Improvement Contractors
- Engineers and Architects
Classroom Instruction Topics
- NABCEP PV Job Task Analysis (NABCEP Study Guide)
- PV Array Temperature Impact Calculation Exercises
- Expedited Permit Process for PV Systems
- Working Safely with Photovoltaic Systems
- Conducting a Site Assessment
- Selecting a System Design
- Adapting the Mechanical Design
- Adapting the Electrical Design
- Installing Sub-systems and Components at the Site
- Performing a System Checkout and Inspection
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting a System
About Our Instructors and Facility
ImagineSolar has trained thousands of individuals who have gone on to be an integral part of the solar industry. Our instructors teach best practices using the most current technologies and methods for the solar industry. They take the time to make sure each student is grasping presented concepts. Our modern facilities, are equip with computers, current software, wi-fi, and all tools required for labs. In addition, our course instruction is continuously updated with the latest advancements as the fast-paced solar industry expands and evolves.
Instructional Material Provided
- Workbook compiled by ImagineSolar
- Supplemental Material compiled by ImagineSolar
After successfully completing ImagineSolar’s PV320 course, you will be better prepared to take the rigorous NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer exam.
PV320 (Classroom) consists of 20 classroom hours of lecture, problem sets and exercises.
I [am] officially an NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer! I want to thank... the people of ImagineSolar for being a huge asset with training and preparing me for the converted certification in the solar PV industry! I am awaiting word from NABCEP if I am the first deaf individual to pass the exam.–Jason Shaw, President of RESA (Renewable Energy Student Association) at ACC View all our testimonials here