DIY Solar Installation Program
The ImagineSolar Do It Yourself Solar Install Training Program is intended to provide enrollees with the material and expertise necessary to install PV solar electric systems.
Please fill out the form below if you are interested, and we will contact you soon to discuss your DIY solar installation and pricing. Typically, pricing will range from $5,000 to $10,000.
With years of experience and a support staff of NABCEP certified PV installers, ImagineSolar can help program participants perform a site assessment on their worksite, design the system, and help execute and complete the installation process.
- Provide a site evaluation to determine how much solar power is suitable for the home
- Select and deliver all needed Solar equipment:
- AC solar modules
- Solar mounting hardware and grounding lugs
- Code-required warning labels and nameplates
- Monitoring hardware and software to view array production online
- Provide one-line electrical diagrams
- Provide technical support – before, during and after the installation
Participants of the DIY Solar Program will:
- Pull the required homeowner’s permits and arrange for final inspection
- Provide electrician and labor (3 people is ideal for most home projects)
- Supply miscellaneous hardware (specs will be provided by ImagineSolar)
- Junction boxes and breakers
- Wire and conduit
- Have fun building their own solar PV system.
- Learn project installation management skills to complement their solar training
- Obtain experience credit towards NABCEP Certification
- Build a modular system, which is easily expandable