What is our TRIPLE-O Bundle?
Want to be part of the solar PV industry and looking for a course that gives you the foundational knowledge needed to understand solar photovoltaic (PV) system design? At ImagineSolar, we offer solar knowledge through three different pathways, ensuring access to the best solar training possible while offering you the most flexibility for your schedule.
Our PV201e TRIPLE-O Bundle combines:
- Onsite Classes, as well as hands-on lab training
- Online course instruction
- Online LIVE sessions and webinars
We give you the in-depth knowledge essential for virtually any role in the solar industry, including solar PV system design, installation, marketing, sales operations, maintenance, and much more.
Attend all the onsite classes in person or choose when you are onsite and when you attend class from your laptop. You can complete our courses entirely online where you can attend the Online LIVE sessions from your computer and access the course materials at anytime. The Online LIVE sessions are each recorded and archived, giving you access to course material covered in class in case you miss any session!
- Electricians and those skilled in electrical construction
- General and home-improvement contractors
- Engineers and Architects
- Sales professionals
PV201e TRIPLE-O Bundle is based on a combination of the NABCEP Task Analysis for their Certification Exam and the Learning Objectives of the NABCEP Entry Level Exam. Once you complete PV201e TRIPLE-O, you are eligible to sit for the NABCEP Entry Level Exam, which ImagineSolar is approved to proctor.
The TRIPLE-O Blended Platform is a very dynamic and organized training program that combines technology-mediated learning with traditional classroom delivery. This allows for greater convenience and flexibility for learners and employs a broader application for different learning styles and capabilities. The TRIPLE-O Bundle utilizes technology in the most efficient and effective way.
The PV201e TRIPLE-O Bundle includes the following course components:
PV201e – Convenient Self-paced Online Coursework
Start today. In our online 40 hour course, PV201e, you will gain an in-depth understanding essential for virtually any role in solar industry including: PV design, installation, production, marketing, sales, permitting and operations. This self-paced online course is convenient for those who prefer to learn at a location of their choice and presents you with the opportunity to conveniently learn at your own pace. The coursework is presented logically with a multi-instructor approach and is compatible with different learning styles:
- Visual learners will benefit from the various charts, videos, images, animations and graphics.
- Auditory learners will benefit from recorded lectures, narrative video and recitation.
- Tactile learners will benefit from the worksheets, writing repetition and note-taking.
- The Photovoltaic Industry and the Qualified Solar Pro
- Basics of Electricity
- The Solar Resource
- Site Assessments
- Tools for the Solar Professional
- System Components and Configurations
- Cells, Modules, and Arrays
- Batteries and Charge Controllers
- Inverters: Types and Specifications
- System Sizing and Design
- Mechanical Integration
- Electrical Integration
- Utility Interconnection
- System Installation and Commissioning
- Performance and Troubleshooting
Instruction Material Provided
- Textbook: Photovoltaic Systems from American Technical Publishers, Jim Dunlop — Textbook shipped to customers in U.S. and Canada; Customers outside the U.S. and Canada must purchase textbook locally
- CD-ROM of resource material. Includes Quick Quizzes®, Illustrated Glossary, Media Clips, reference material, several solar resources
- Access to ImagineSolar’s online training site containing lessons, video lectures, slideshows, quizzes and additional materials for 10 weeks.
PV201eLab - Onsite Hands-on Lab Exercise
During the onsite portion of the TRIPLE-O Bundle, PV201eLab, ImagineSolar conducts an 8 hour, one day hands-on solar PV lab training at our Austin location. With state-of-the-art solar equipment, this course is designed to give you first-hand experience with components. The lecture portion of this course will include additional material that will compliment your course work in PV201e.
- Running tests and experiments with various solar modules wired in series, parallel, and connected to batteries and loads
- Designing, installing, and commissioning a grid-tied solar PV system
In these labs, you will completely commission a PV system and connect to the grid, which is rarely done in similar competing course offerings.
Interactive Online Live Webinars from Austin, Texas
As a TRIPLE-O Bundle student, you will gain FREE access to our monthly Webinar Series. The first Wednesday of each month our Webinar Series will feature topics of current interest in the world of solar PV and smart grid. Presenters include ImagineSolar instructors as well as other experts in the PV and smart grid industries. Presentations will be followed by a “Question & Answer” session with the presenters.
Each session is valued at $49. As a TRIPLE-O Bundle student, you can gain FREE access to each session while you are an enrolled student. See our schedule here.
Upcoming PV201e Course Schedule
|Ongoing||Ongoing||Add to cart|
Upcoming PV201eLab Course Schedule
|Saturday, Jul 13||8:00am to 5:00pm||Add to cart|
|Saturday, Oct 5||8:00am to 5:00pm||Add to cart|