$149 – 4 Contact Hours
PV420e is a self-paced online course covering the fundamentals of utility-scale solar projects. This course provides 2 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) for professional credit.
Topics covered include site selection, basic design, financial justification, and economic analysis. Learn how decreasing material costs and economies of scale are driving ever-larger solar power projects, and how they’re being integrated into the electric grid.
Information is presented in a series of videos covering topics in large-scale photovoltaic power. Supplementary information is provided in the form of technical papers, reports, and interactive links.
See what our students have to say.
Who is this class for?
We recommend this course for professionals with interest in the field of large-scale photovoltaic power including:
- Project Developers
- Financial Professionals
- Everyone else interested in the solar industry
- Terms and Definitions: What is utility-scale solar power?
- Competing Technologies: Photovoltaics (PV), concentrating PV (CPV) and concentrating solar power (CSP)
- Technology Trade-offs: Fixed v. tracking, thin-film v. C-Si, energy storage v. peak power plants
- Markets: Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS) and Renewable Energy Credits (RECs)
- Economics: Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) and the drive to grid parity
About Our Instructors and Facility
ImagineSolar has trained thousands of individuals who have gone on to be an integral part of the solar industry. Our instructors teach best practices using the most current technologies and methods for the solar industry. They take the time to make sure each student is grasping presented concepts. In addition, our course instruction is continuously updated with the latest advancements as the fast-paced solar industry expands and evolves.
Instructional Material Provided
- Access to ImagineSolar’s online training site containing lessons, video lectures, slideshows, quizzes and additional materials for 30 days.
Upcoming PV420e Course Schedule
No Training Currently Scheduled