PV320 is an advanced course with instruction on PV system design and problem-solving expertise as well as National Electric Code knowledge needed to successfully pass the NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification exam. Participants work through multiple complex system designs accounting for location, technology, and code conditions.
ImagineSolar’s PV320 alumni had a significantly higher pass rate than others in Texas who sat for the exam. Please see NABCEP for complete requirements to take this exam.
Receive a one year FREE subscription to SolarPro Magazine when you register for the course.
Who is this class for?
Our Advanced PV320 course is designed for those who intend to become professionals in the solar industry. A prerequisite for enrolling in this course is completion of a foundation course, PV201 or PV201e. Many of our past students had experience as:
- Electricians, and those skilled in electrical construction
- General and Home-Improvement Contractors
- Engineers and Architects
Classroom Instruction Topics
- NABCEP PV Job Task Analysis (NABCEP Study Guide)
- PV Array Temperature Impact Calculation Exercises
- Expedited Permit Process for PV Systems
- Working Safely with Photovoltaic Systems
- Conducting a Site Assessment
- Selecting a System Design
- Adapting the Mechanical Design
- Adapting the Electrical Design
- Installing Sub-systems and Components at the Site
- Performing a System Checkout and Inspection
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting a System
About Our Instructors and Facility
ImagineSolar has trained thousands of individuals who have gone on to be an integral part of the solar industry. Our instructors teach best practices using the most current technologies and methods for the solar industry. They take the time to make sure each student is grasping presented concepts. Our modern facilities, are equip with computers, current software, wi-fi, and all tools required for labs. In addition, our course instruction is continuously updated with the latest advancements as the fast-paced solar industry expands and evolves.
Instructional Material Provided
- Workbook compiled by ImagineSolar
- Supplemental Material compiled by ImagineSolar
After successfully completing ImagineSolar’s PV320 course, you will be better prepared to take the rigorous NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer exam.
PV320 (Classroom) consists of 20 classroom hours of lecture, problem sets and exercises.
Upcoming PV320 Classroom Course Schedule
No Training Currently Scheduled
Want to start training today? Take PV320e Online.
No onsite course scheduled? Join The PV320 Waiting List
I [am] officially an NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer! I want to thank... the people of ImagineSolar for being a huge asset with training and preparing me for the converted certification in the solar PV industry! I am awaiting word from NABCEP if I am the first deaf individual to pass the exam.–Jason Shaw, President of RESA (Renewable Energy Student Association) at ACC View all our testimonials here