In 2011, Forbes named Austin the “City Most Likely to Grow & Prosper in Next Decade”and “America’s Next Big Boom Town”, compared to 52 of the U.S.’s largest cities. The Austin region had impressive two-year job and population growth, as well as high numbers of college graduates and births. In 2012, Austin was ranked the #2 City People Are Moving To.
From the world’s largest computer makers, processor manufacturers, software developers, clean energy, green living, and don’t forget arts and entertainment, it is all happening in Austin, TX. Check out Austin’s energy future below and look out for ImagineSolar at 1:20, 1:40, 4:28, 4:44, 5:27 and 5:57.
“Excellent Job Market & Economy”
- Austin has #2 Strongest Job Market in U.S. (Milken Institute)
- In September 2011, Austin was ranked the 5th Healthiest Job Market of all U.S. Cities (Manpower Inc.)
“Best City to Live In”
- In May 2011 Austin was designated #1 Best City to Live for next 10 Years for its unique livability and fantastic business climate (Kiplinger’s Personal Finance).
- In July 2011, Austin was named #1 Most Progressive & Proactive Entrepreneurial Center in U.S. (Entrepreneur.com).
- Austin is the 3rd Best City for Young Entrepreneurs (Under 30 CEO).
- In 2010, Austin ranked as America’s Top Creative Center for Entrepreneurs (Entrepreneur Magazine)
- In Summer 2011, Austinites ranked as 7th Smartest in U.S. (Daily Beast).
- Austin ranks as the nation’s 5th Best City for College Grads (Bloomberg Businessweek).
“Healthiest & Fittest City”
- In May 2010, Austin was named the #10 Healthiest City in the U.S. (both American College of Sports Medicine & Shape Magazine).
- Austin has some of Cleanest Air in the Country (American Lung Association).
- In May 2011, Austinites were ranked as having 9th Best “Quality of Life” (Portfolio.com).
- In September 2010, Austin was designated the 4th Least-Stressed City in U.S. (Portfolio.com).
- Austin was named #3 Best City for Singles in 2011 (Yahoo Travel).
- In June 2010, Austin ranked #10 Best City for Young Professionals (Forbes).
- Austin is the Best City for Hispanics (Popular Hispanics Magazine).
- In August 2011, Austin was named #2 Place for Young Latinos to Live, Work, & Play (Cable channel Mun2).